February 5, 2015
The Chinese year of the Goat (Sheep) 2015 begins on February 19, 2015 (according to the Chinese lunar calendar). According to Chinese astrology, each year is associated with an animal sign.
There are a total of 12 animals in the Chinese zodiac, the Goat comes 8th in the series. The 12 zodiac animals are: in order: Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, and Pig.
The Goat (or sheep) attributes are as follows:
- Lucky Colours:brown, red, purple
- Lucky Numbers:2, 7
- Lucky Flowers:carnation, primrose
- Year of Birth:1919, 1931, 1943, 1955, 1967, 1979, 1991, 2003, 2015.
In Chinese element theory, each zodiac sign is associated with one of five elements: gold (metal), wood, water, fire, or earth, which means that e.g. a Wood Goat comes in a 60-year cycle.
It is theorized that a person’s characteristics are decided by their birth year’s zodiac animal sign and element. So there are five types of Goats, each with different characteristics:
Type of Goat
|Year of Birth||Characteristics|
|Wood Goat||1955, 2015||Amicable, gentle, and compassionate.|
|Fire Goat||1907, 1967||Amicable, frank, and honest, always making everything clean and tidy.|
|Earth Goat||1919, 1979||Righteous, honest, straightforward, and will never harm their friends.|
|Gold Goat||1931, 1991||Ambitious and kind-hearted with a strong sense of responsibility in work; sometimes too stubborn.|
|Water Goat||1943, 2003||Always ready to help others, and they can sacrifice their own interests for others|
According to Chinese astrology, each animal zodiac has its own lucky numbers, lucky days, lucky colours, lucky flowers, and a best direction. Here are the Goat’s:
- Lucky numbers:2, 7, or numbers containing 2 and 7 (like 27 and 72)
- Lucky days:the 7th and 30th of any month according to the Chinese lunar calendar
- Lucky colours:brown, red, and purple
- Lucky flowers:carnations and primroses
- Lucky direction:north
These things are believed to be unlucky for Goat people.
- Unlucky colours:green, blue, and black. (Goat people should avoid wearing these colours).
- Unlucky numbers:6 and 8
- Unlucky direction:southwest
- Worst lunar months:third, sixth, and tenth. Avoid these months if you have some important business to do or want to plan an event.
- Chinese New Year 2015,a Year of the Goat
- Chinese Zodiac
- What It Means to Be a Chinese Zodiac Goat
- “Goat” Tips for Year of the Goat 2015
- Lucky Colours and Numbers in Chinese culture